Posted on 31 January 2017
When Chelsea Francis (@ohhhchelsea) asked me to reimagine her office and transform it into a happy, rejuvenating workspace I was beyond excited! We chatted about her needs and how she uses her space, as well as some of the things she loved/hated about her current office setup.
She needed organization, storage, function and inspiration. I started by doodling her space out on a big blank piece of paper, drawing in her desk and storage pieces I knew she wanted to keep. I shopped around at some of my favorite stores to find clever ways to display her collectibles (the inspiration). Once I found pieces I knew she'd love, I added them to the sketch to ensure they fit in the space.
She mentioned to me she wanted a fun way to display her polaroid photos that she had stashed away. So, I came up with a photo holder DIY that anyone can make! This gives her the ability to change out the photos for a quick refresh or new source of inspiration.
If you're interested in the DIY, check out this video. There are also final reveal photos of Chelsea's new HAPPY WORKSPACE with a list of sources if you see something you love.
- Single & Double Acrylic Wall Shelves • Container Store • $12.99 - $27.99
- Cork Desk Organizer • UO (Sold Out) • Similar | Nelson 2 Compartment Organizer • Wayfair • $13.99
- Wire Wall Grid & Wire Grid Shelf • Urban Outfitters • $59 & $16
- Safety Matches • Urban Outfitters • $16
- Desk Organizer Wire/Wood • UO (Sold Out) • Similar | Frisco Desktop Organizer • Container Store • $13.99
- Plant Baskets + Pots • Love Ding
- Brass Whale & Swan • Love Ding (Sold Out) • Similar | Brass Dolphin, Brass Duck $10 - $14
- Cork Top Candle • Svensk Candles